As you may or may not know, we have a podcast called Sunrise on the Inside. In this space, we talk about everything gut health, fitness and overall wellness. We created and launched this podcast to talk with experts and big time social media entrepreneurs about their tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, how to take care of our bodies and keep ourselves happy, healthy and well.
The Sunrise on the Inside Podcast shares inspiring interviews and stories from thoughtful leaders in business, health & wellness, entrepreneurship and sports - we talk about tools, habits and tactics they use that help them feel calm, revived and rebalanced when they face challenges in life. Hosted by Nico Estrella, a serial entrepreneur, former professional soccer player and Co-founder of Waku.
A few weeks ago, we had the chance to talk with Amanda Sauceda, a pizza-loving registered dietitian and gut health nutritionist located in Los Angeles, CA. She specializes in gut health, mindfulness and intuitive eating. She is the creator of The Mindful Gut, which uses science and strategy to tap into your intuition and consequently improve your gut health.
Here are our major takeaways from that episode and what we thought you should definitely know about what we talked about:
- - Trust your gut: No one knows your body better than you do. It is important for you to always keep in mind what you truly like, what feels good or doesn't and overall just tap into your own wisdom and personal guide to know what your body needs and what it's asking for at a specific date and time.
- - It is always easier said than done: Don't stress over what you think you can't do, focus on what you need and want to achieve in order for your mind to focus on what's best for you and your need to be prioritized around that.
- - Rest is vital: You can't really supplement your way to a good rest. It is necessary for your body to take a break in order for you to feel rebalanced and replenished, so do not take sleep and overall rest for granted, figure out the best time and way in which you can get a good well deserved rest.
- - Find your inner Kitchen Confidence: Figure out what you are going to make and make sure you know how to prepare it well. Feel confident about the ingredients you use and if you don't know what something is or how it should be served, research it so that you can always feel confident when in the kitchen and also so that your recipes are varied.
- - Look at eating with intention: What are your goals? Let that be a shining light that guides you through your daily meals. Find what feels good, what your body requires and what you know will improve your overall gut health and digestive wellness.
- - Purpose over Perfection: Let go of the idea that everything has to be perfect or appear a certain way in order for it to be “good”. Once you dig into your purpose you will start making progress with your health and well being.
- - Check in with yourself: Take time to ask yourself what you need or how you are feeling. Go for a walk, sit on the couch or simply write down what you are thinking about, what worries you, what things you would like to do and what do you feel you are missing. What is stopping you from becoming your best self?
- - Don't normalize digestive problems: Notice if you are constantly feeling bloated, tired and/or constipated. After checking in with a doctor, try to point out what is not feeling right and cure your gut with healthy eating habits and improving your diet. Make sure you are doing what you must in order for your body to cure itself from the inside out. Eat well, rest a lot, do what makes you happy, take care of your mental health and be mindful of your needs.
- - Variate with your diet: Add a new herb to the usual chicken recipe you always prepare or a different fruit to your daily breakfast smoothie. Next time you go to the supermarket pick a different fruit and experiment with it over the week! Keep your microbiome variated and constantly renewed with new fruits, vegetables, herbs and seasonings.
Listen to the complete episode HERE