These are light, classic and easy lemon drinks that can be served as a mocktail for the kids or that can easily be turned into a cocktail just by adding one ingredient! This is the easiest and fastest recipe we've made so far. An ideal Waku summer refreshment to enjoy by the poolside or to be served at a hot summer night event.
But before we jump into the instructions (which are actually pretty basic) here are some fun facts about lemons we thought you would enjoy. Take a look!
- - The name is said to have derived from an Asian word for “sour fruit”.
- - Historians believe that lemons have been around since first century A.D.
- - California and Arizona produce 95% of the entire lemon crop.
- - An average lemon contains eight seeds.
- - Lemons used to be so rare that kings used to present them to each other as gifts.
Ok now that we have a couple of fun conversation starters, all you need is 5 minutes and 4 ingredients (the lemon slice and ice are for serving and decoration). Check it out!
You will need:
- - 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) of Gin
- - 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) of Lemon Waku
- - 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- - 3 to 4 ounces club soda
- - Lemon slice
- - Ice
How to prepare:
Shake Gin, Lemon Waku and powdered sugar in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain into a glass filled with ice. Add club soda and garnish with a lemon slice.
For an alcohol-free version, leave out the gin and add more Lemon Waku soda. The tea mixed with club soda is very refreshing!